2010 Chilliwack Spring Mixed Bonspiel
Welcome to the Chilliwack Curling Club and the annual Spring Mixed Bonspiel. Entry fee is $200. Enclosed in your envelope you should find the following
1. Four green tickets (marked D) for a steak or chicken BBQ dinner Saturday night;
2. Four brown bar/refreshment tickets (marked R); and
3. Bonspiel Rule Sheet please read carefully.
A SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR SPONSOR
· C Event Rendezvous Restaurant
CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST Saturday
· Please help yourself upstairs on Saturday morning from 8:30-12:00
BBQ DINNER Saturday
· MEAL TICKET REQUIRED NO TICKET, NO MEAL!
· The steak or chicken dinner will be served from 5:30 6:30 pm.
· Seconds may be available once everyone has been served.
· Extra meal tickets ($20 each) are available until 12:00 noon Saturday.
DANCE & ENTERTAINMENT
· Dance on Saturday night.
· Music by The Rockland Dogs.
· 50/50 and bottle draws will be held throughout the weekend.
· Team buyback $10 Entry fee returned to the winning team drawn Sat. night.
PRIZES AND AWARDS
· Prizes and awards will be given out on Sunday after the finals. A prize list is posted near the draw sheets. Prizes will not be mailed out to recipients.
· NO RECEIPTS WILL BE GIVEN FOR PRIZES.
If you have any questions or concerns, please see a member of the Bonspiel Committee Al Vanderveen, Dennis Bailey, and Larry Legault or our Club Manager, Bruce Renwick.
THE CHILLIWACK CURLING CLUB WISHES YOU AN ENJOYABLE WEEKEND. WE HOPE TO SEE YOU AGAIN NEXT YEAR.
2010 Chilliwack Spring Mixed Bonspiel
Welcome to the 2010 Annual Chilliwack Spring Mixed Bonspiel with a special Hello to those teams from out of town. Thanks for your support. Our Bonspiel Committee and CCC members hope you enjoy the weekend. Please make note of the following Bonspiel rules.
1. C.C.A. rules will apply unless otherwise stated.
2. Length: All games will be 8 ends or until the bell whichever comes first. The bell will ring 1 hour and 45 minutes after the official start time and teams will finish the end being played plus 1 additional end. There will be no bell for the semi-final or final games.
3. Tie games after the completion of 8 ends: Tie games will be decided by playing an additional end(s) until a winner is determined. Please, for the viewing audience, push the rocks to the far end and play back towards the windows.
4. Teams and substitutions:
a) One substitution may be made at any time for injury, illness, or other special circumstances. Additional substitutions may be made only with approval of the Bonspiel Committee.
b) A substitute shall not have curled at any time in the bonspiel for another team unless taken from the pool of spares provided by the Bonspiel Committee. Penalty: forfeiture of game(s) played using the illegal substitute.
c) The substitute must curl in the same position or lower as the curler being replaced. Penalty: forfeiture of game(s) played using the illegal substitute.
d) A team may start a game with only 3 players providing the 4th player is named,
5. Game delay/postponement: A team that does not begin play at the designated time will be penalized as follows:
a) For the first full ten minutes that the offending team is late, the non-offending team will be awarded one point and one end. Upon arrival, the offending team must throw first.
b) For each of the following full 5 minutes that the offending team is late, the non-offending team will be awarded one point and one end. Upon arrival, the offending team must throw first.
c) After 30 minutes has elapsed, the non-offending team will be declared the winner.
d) Skips are asked to make their decisions in a timely manner and to keep the game moving. Slow play is frustrating to everyone!
6. Ice Cleaning: The winning (or home) team is asked to sheepskin the ice after the game.
7. Score Cards: Thirds from each team are required to ensure that the scorecard if fully completed and placed in the Score Card Envelope on the wall beside the draw sheets.