2017 Novice Bonspiel
Welcome to the 2017 Novice Bonspiel.
Entry fee is $180. Enclosed in your envelope you should find
· Four (4) pink dinner tickets for Saturday night;
· One (1) brown ticket good for one jug of draft.
· Bonspiel Rule Sheet – on the back. Please read it carefully.
· Dinner on Saturday will be served from 5:30-7:00. Meal ticket required. Extra meal tickets ($15 each) are available until 12:00 noon Saturday at the office.
Please don’t drink & drive.
Phone for a taxi: 604-795-9111 or 604-793-4444
· 50/50 – draws will be held throughout the weekend.
· Putting Contest – Saturday & Sunday from 1:00 to 3:00.
· Poker Hand – Best three hands win $$$.
· Team buyback – $180 entry fee returned to team drawn Sat. night at dinner.
AWARDS AND PRIZES
· Prizes will be given out on Sunday after the final games.
· Prizes will not be mailed out to recipients. No receipts will be given for prizes.
If you have any questions or concerns, please see a member of the Bonspiel Committee –André Anglebert, Doreen Jones, Larry Legault, Leslie Holtby, Melinda Saretzky, Norm Estey, Fred Snooks – or our Club Manager, Bruce Renwick, and the office staff.
2017 Chilliwack Novice Bonspiel Rule Sheet
Please make note of the following Bonspiel rules.
1. C.C.A. rules will apply unless otherwise stated. The end is over when the last thrown rock has come to rest.
2. Length: All games will be 6 ends or until the bell – whichever comes first. The bell will ring 1 hour and 15 minutes after the official start time and teams will finish the end being played plus 1 additional end.
3. Tie games after the completion of 6 ends: Teams will receive one point for ties on Saturday. Tie games on Sunday will be decided by playing an additional end(s) until a winner is determined. Please, for the viewing audience, push the rocks to the far end and play back towards the windows.
4. Teams and substitutions:
a) Teams must have two novice curlers with four years or less experience. Substitutions for a novice curler must be a novice curler unless approved by the Bonspiel Committee.
b) One substitution may be made at any time for injury, illness, or other special circumstances. Additional substitutions may be made only with approval of the Bonspiel Committee.
c) A substitute shall not have curled at any time in the bonspiel for another team unless taken from the pool of spares provided by the Bonspiel Committee. Penalty: forfeiture of game(s) played using the illegal substitute.
d) The substitute must curl in the same position or lower as the curler being replaced. Penalty: forfeiture of game(s) played using the illegal substitute.
e) A team may start a game with only 3 players providing the 4th player is named.
5. Game delay/postponement: A team that does not begin play at the designated time will be penalized as follows:
a) For the first full ten minutes that the offending team is late, the non-offending team will be awarded one point and one end. Upon arrival, the offending team must throw first.
b) For each of the following full 5 minutes that the offending team is late, the non-offending team will be awarded one point and one end. Upon arrival, the offending team must throw first.
c) After 30 minutes has elapsed, the non-offending team will be declared the winner.
d) Skips are asked to make their decisions in a timely manner and to keep the game moving. Slow play is frustrating to everyone!
6. Score Cards: Thirds from each team are required to ensure that the scorecard is fully completed and placed in the Score Card Envelope on the wall beside the draw sheets.