2017 Novice Spiel
Welcome to the Chilliwack Curling Club Novice Bonspiel, with a special “Hello” to those teams from out of town. Thanks for your support.
Entry fee is $180 including the team buyback. Enclosed in your envelope you should find
· Four (4) pink dinner tickets for Saturday night;
· One (1) brown ticket good for one jug of draft each.
· Bonspiel Rule Sheet – on the back. Please read it carefully.
· Muffins and coffee, sponsored by Chilliwack Curling Club, are available Saturday and Sunday from 8:30 to 11:15 am.
· Dinner will be provided at 5:30. Meal ticket required. Extra meal tickets ($15 each) are available until 12:00 noon Saturday at the office.
DANCE & ENTERTAINMENT
· Get your dancin’ shoes out for our DJ – Mike Walters – who will keep the dance floor full starting at 8:30 pm on Saturday night.
· Please don’t drink & drive. Phone for a taxi: 604-795-9111 or 604-793-4444
· 50/50 – draws will be held throughout the weekend.
· Putting Contest – Saturday afternoon and evening.
· Poker Hand – Best three hands win.
· Team buyback – $180 entry fee returned to team drawn Sat. night at dinner.
AWARDS AND PRIZES
· Everybody gets a prize.
· Prizes will be awarded after the last game.
· Prizes will not be mailed out to recipients. No receipts will be given for prizes.
If you have any questions or concerns, please see a member of the Bonspiel Committee –Larry Legault, André Anglebert, Al Vanderveen, Melinda Saretzky – or our Club Manager, Bruce Renwick, and the office staff.
GOOD CURLING – WE HOPE TO SEE YOU AGAIN NEXT YEAR
2017 Chilliwack Novice Bonspiel Rule Sheet
Welcome to the 2017 Novice Bonspiel. Please make note of the following Bonspiel rules.
1. C.C.A. rules will apply unless otherwise stated. The end is over when the last thrown rock has come to rest.
2. Length: All games will be 6 ends or until the bell – whichever comes first. The bell will ring 1 hour and 15 minutes after the official start time and teams will finish the end being played plus 1 additional end.
3. Tie games after the completion of 6 ends: Tie games count as a tie; no tiebreakers.
4. Teams and substitutions:
a) One substitution may be made at any time for injury, illness, or other special circumstances. Additional substitutions may be made only with approval of the Bonspiel Committee.
b) A substitute shall not have curled at any time in the bonspiel for another team unless taken from the pool of spares provided by the Bonspiel Committee. Penalty: forfeiture of game(s) played using the illegal substitute.
c) A team may start a game with only 3 players providing the 4th player is named,
5. Game delay/postponement: A team that does not begin play at the designated time will be penalized as follows:
a) For the first full ten minutes that the offending team is late, the non-offending team will be awarded one point and one end. Upon arrival, the offending team must throw first.
b) For each of the following full 5 minutes that the offending team is late, the non-offending team will be awarded one point and one end. Upon arrival, the offending team must throw first.
c) After 30 minutes has elapsed, the non-offending team will be declared the winner.
d) Skips are asked to make their decisions in a timely manner and to keep the game moving. Slow play is frustrating to everyone!
6. Score Cards: Thirds from each team are required to ensure that the scorecard is fully completed and placed in the Score Card Envelope on the wall beside the draw.