2015 Chilliwack Men’s Bonspiel
Welcome to the Chilliwack Curling Club and the annual Men’s Bonspiel, with a special “Hello” to those teams from out of town. Thanks for your support. Entry fee is $220, which includes the team buyback. Enclosed in your envelope, you should find the following
· Pink tickets (4) for dinner on Saturday night;
· Beige refreshment ticket (1) for a jug of beer per team; and
· Bonspiel Rule Sheet – on the reverse side, please read it carefully.
A SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS
A EVENT – Keith Britz of Meyers Norris Penny
B EVENT – Okanagan Springs Brewery
Friday Pizza – Keith Britz of Meyers Norris Penny
Saturday Continental Breakfast – Chilliwack Curling Club
· Pizza, sponsored by Keith Britz of Meyers Norris Penny, will be served Thur. & Fri. nights.
· A continental breakfast, sponsored by Chilliwack Curling Club, is available Saturday from 7:30-11:30 am.
· Dinner will be served Saturday from 5:30-6:30 pm. Meal ticket required. Extra meal tickets ($22 each) are available until 11:00 am Saturday.
DANCE & ENTERTAINMENT
· Dance on Saturday night – live music by Cue Ball, 9:00pm-1:00am.
· Please don’t drink & drive. Phone for a taxi: 604-795-9111 or 604-793-4444
· 50/50 draws – Held throughout the weekend.
· Team buyback – Entry fee returned to team drawn Saturday night.
· Reverse Draw – Conducted on Saturday night.
AWARDS AND PRIZES
· Prizes and awards will be given out on Sunday after the finals. A prize list is posted near the draw sheets. Prizes will not be mailed out to recipients. No receipts will be given for prizes.
If you have any questions or concerns, please see a member of the Bonspiel Committee –Larry Legault, Andre Anglehart, Gary Roberts, Rob Garf, and Fred Snooks – or our Club Manager, Bruce Renwick.
GOOD CURLING – WE HOPE TO SEE YOU AGAIN NEXT YEAR
2015 Chilliwack Men’s Bonspiel Rule Sheet
Welcome to the 2015 Annual Chilliwack Men’s Bonspiel. Please make note of the following Bonspiel rules.
1. C.C.A. rules will apply unless otherwise stated. An end is completed after the final rock of the end comes to rest.
2. Length: All games will be 8 ends (6 ends in the D Event) or until the bell – whichever comes first. The bell will ring 1 hour and 45 minutes (1 hour and 15 minutes for the D) after the official start time and teams will finish the end being played plus 1 additional end. The bell will ring 2 hours (1 hour and 30 minutes for the D) after the official start for the semi-final and final games.
3. Tie games after the completion of 8 ends: Tie games will be decided by playing an additional end(s) until a winner is determined. Please, for the viewing audience, push the rocks to the far end and play back towards the windows.
4. Teams and substitutions:
a) One substitution may be made at any time for injury, illness, or other special circumstances. Additional substitutions may be made only with approval of the Bonspiel Committee.
b) A substitute shall not have curled at any time in the bonspiel for another team unless taken from the pool of spares provided by the Bonspiel Committee. Penalty: forfeiture of game(s) played using the illegal substitute.
c) The substitute must curl in the same position or lower as the curler being replaced. Penalty: forfeiture of game(s) played using the illegal substitute.
d) A team may start a game with only 3 players providing the 4th player is named,
5. Game delay/postponement: A team that does not begin play at the designated time will be penalized as follows:
a) For the first full ten minutes that the offending team is late, the non-offending team will be awarded one point and one end. Upon arrival, the offending team must throw first.
b) For each of the following full 5 minutes that the offending team is late, the non-offending team will be awarded one point and one end. Upon arrival, the offending team must throw first.
c) After 30 minutes has elapsed, the non-offending team will be declared the winner.
d) Skips are asked to make their decisions in a timely manner and to keep the game moving. Slow play is frustrating to everyone!
6. Score Cards: Thirds from each team are required to ensure that the scorecard is fully completed and placed in the Score Card Envelope on the wall beside the draw sheets.