2010 Chilliwack Mens Bonspiel
Welcome to the Chilliwack Curling Club and the annual Mens Bonspiel with a special Hello to those teams from out of town. Thanks for your support. Entry fee is $200. Enclosed in your envelope you should find the following
· Green tickets (4) for dinner on Saturday night;
· Purple tickets (4) for breakfast on Saturday morning;
· Brown tickets (1) for a jug of beer per team; and
· Bonspiel Rule Sheet please read it carefully.
A SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS
· A Event Dale Morgan of Manulife Securities
· B Event Okanagan Spring Brewery
· C Event Jim Hipwell of Plan Tech Design and Planning
· Friday Pizza Dale Morgan of Manulife Securities
· Saturday Breakfast Chilliwack Curling Club
· Pizza, sponsored by Dale Morgan of Manulife Securities, will be served Fri. night.
· Breakfast, sponsored by Chilliwack Curling Club, will be served Saturday from 7:45-11:30 am. Meal ticket required.
· Dinner will be served Saturday from 6:00-7:00 pm. Meal ticket required. Extra meal tickets ($20 each) are available until 12:00 noon Saturday.
DANCE & ENTERTAINMENT
· Dance on Saturday night live music by Cueball, 9:00pm-1:00am.
· 50/50 and bottle draws held throughout the weekend.
· Team buyback $10 buy in. Entry fee returned to team drawn Sat. night.
· Reverse Draw Conducted by Wayne MacAlpine on Sat. night.
AWARDS AND PRIZES
· Prizes and awards will be given out on Sunday after the finals. A prize list is posted near the draw sheets. Prizes will not be mailed out to recipients.
· No receipts will be given for prizes.
If you have any questions or concerns, please see a member of the Bonspiel Committee Dennis Bailey, Larry Legault, Darryle Leavesley, and Al Vanderveen or our Club Manager, Bruce Renwick.
CURLING CLUB THANKS YOU FOR YOUR
SUPPORT AND WISHES YOU AN ENJOYABLE WEEKEND.
GOOD CURLING WE HOPE TO SEE YOU AGAIN NEXT YEAR
2010 Chilliwack Mens Bonspiel Rule Sheet
Welcome to the 2010 Annual Chilliwack Mens Bonspiel. Please make note of the following Bonspiel rules.
1. C.C.A. rules will apply unless otherwise stated.
2. Length: All games will be 8 ends or until the bell whichever comes first. The bell will ring 1 hour and 45 minutes after the official start time and teams will finish the end being played plus 1 additional end. There will be no bell for the semi-final of final games.
3. Tie games after the completion of 8 ends: Tie games will be decided by playing an additional end(s) until a winner is determined. Please, for the viewing audience, push the rocks to the far end and play back towards the windows.
4. Teams and substitutions:
a) One substitution may be made at any time for injury, illness, or other special circumstances. Additional substitutions may be made only with approval of the Bonspiel Committee.
b) A substitute shall not have curled at any time in the bonspiel for another team unless taken from the pool of spares provided by the Bonspiel Committee. Penalty: forfeiture of game(s) played using the illegal substitute.
c) The substitute must curl in the same position or lower as the curler being replaced. Penalty: forfeiture of game(s) played using the illegal substitute.
d) A team may start a game with only 3 players providing the 4th player is named,
5. Game delay/postponement: A team that does not begin play at the designated time will be penalized as follows:
a) For the first full ten minutes that the offending team is late, the non-offending team will be awarded one point and one end. Upon arrival, the offending team must throw first.
b) For each of the following full 5 minutes that the offending team is late, the non-offending team will be awarded one point and one end. Upon arrival, the offending team must throw first.
c) After 30 minutes has elapsed, the non-offending team will be declared the winner.
d) Skips are asked to make their decisions in a timely manner and to keep the game moving. Slow play is frustrating to everyone!
6. Ice Cleaning: The winning (or home) team is asked to sheepskin the ice after the game.
7. Score Cards: Thirds from each team are required to ensure that the scorecard if fully completed and placed in the Score Card Envelope on the wall beside the draw sheets.