2012 Chilli Spiel
Welcome to the Chilliwack Curling Club and the annual Chilli Spiel with a special “Hello” to those teams from out of town. Thanks for your support. A HUGE THANK YOU to the ladies teams for their help in organizing and preparing for this Bonspiel.
Entry fee is $210 including the team buyback. Enclosed in your envelope you should find
· Four (4) green dinner tickets for Saturday night;
· Eight (8) brown drinks tickets;
· Bonspiel Rule Sheet – please read it carefully.
A SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS
Waal & Co Notaries Public – A-EVENT
Neil Sulkers, Remax Realty – B-EVENT
Keith Britz, Meyers Norris Penny – C-EVENT
· Chili will be served Fri. night.
· A continental breakfast will be available upstairs Saturday from 8:30-11:30 am.
· Dinner will be served Saturday from 5:00-6:00 pm. Meal ticket required. Please be on time for the banquet as there is entertainment after the meal. Extra meal tickets ($23 each) are available until 12:00 noon Saturday at the office.
DANCE & ENTERTAINMENT
· Get your dancin’ shoes out for “Cue Ball” who will keep the dance floor full from 9:00pm to 1:00am on Saturday night.
· Please don’t drink & drive. Taxi’s 604-795-9111 or 604-793-4444
· 50/50 – draws will be held throughout the weekend.
· Basket raffle – tickets will be available all weekend. Winners drawn on Sunday.
· Team buyback – $10 buy in. Entry fee returned to team drawn Sat. night at dinner.
AWARDS AND PRIZES
· Prizes and awards will be given out on Sunday after the finals. A prize list is posted near the draw sheets. Prizes will not be mailed out to recipients.
· No receipts will be given with prizes.
If you have any questions or concerns, please see a member of the Bonspiel Committee –Larry Legault, Andrè Anglebert, Gary Roberts, Kara Biersteker – or our Club Manager, Bruce Renwick or the office staff.
CURLING CLUB THANKS YOU FOR YOUR
SUPPORT AND WISHES YOU AN ENJOYABLE WEEKEND.
GOOD CURLING – WE HOPE TO SEE YOU AGAIN NEXT YEAR
2012 Chilliwack Chilli Spiel Rule Sheet
Welcome to the 2012 Annual Chilliwack Chilli Spiel. Please make note of the following Bonspiel rules.
1. C.C.A. rules will apply unless otherwise stated.
2. Length: All games will be 8 ends or until the bell – whichever comes first. The bell will ring 1 hour and 45 minutes after the official start time and teams will finish the end being played plus 1 additional end. There will be no bell for the semi-final or final games.
3. Tie games after the completion of 8 ends: Tie games will be decided by playing an additional end(s) until a winner is determined. Please, for the viewing audience, push the rocks to the far end and play back towards the windows.
4. Teams and substitutions:
a) One substitution may be made at any time for injury, illness, or other special circumstances. Additional substitutions may be made only with approval of the Bonspiel Committee.
b) A substitute shall not have curled at any time in the bonspiel for another team unless taken from the pool of spares provided by the Bonspiel Committee. Penalty: forfeiture of game(s) played using the illegal substitute.
c) The substitute must curl in the same position or lower as the curler being replaced. Penalty: forfeiture of game(s) played using the illegal substitute.
d) A team may start a game with only 3 players providing the 4th player is named,
5. Game delay/postponement: A team that does not begin play at the designated time will be penalized as follows:
a) For the first full ten minutes that the offending team is late, the non-offending team will be awarded one point and one end. Upon arrival, the offending team must throw first.
b) For each of the following full 5 minutes that the offending team is late, the non-offending team will be awarded one point and one end. Upon arrival, the offending team must throw first.
c) After 30 minutes has elapsed, the non-offending team will be declared the winner.
d) Skips are asked to make their decisions in a timely manner and to keep the game moving. Slow play is frustrating to everyone!
6. Score Cards: Thirds from each team are required to ensure that the scorecard is fully completed and placed in the Score Card Envelope on the wall beside the draw sheets.